Friday, July 28, 2006

Growing Up

I was about a knee high
The first time I realized I could fly.
That was the 70's and I was alright with life.
I was about to cry
The first time I felt pain from afar,
She was on a track and I was in the dark.
That was the 80's and I was alright with life.
I was brought back to earth
Descended from dreams of mirth
When disappearing acts
Were my emotional tax,
That was the 90's and I almost gave up on life.
I wish I could tell you I stand 10 feet tall
But I still have far to fall
Much to learn, more important maybe
That it's knowledge I yearn.
I wish too I had the time to expand upon
All the names I call upon
For my life, my love
These lessons, all my doves;
It's the 21st, I again, am alright with life.
I listen so you can talk,
I wander, so you can walk,
I take these words inside
To forever fuel my drive.
It's the 21st, I've lived my worst,
I live to fill the rest of these lines,
All it takes now
Is time.

No comments: