Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Down For The Day

There was something in the crowd
The other day
It could have been the sun
Simply shining down
And separating what is real,
From my memories.
But nonetheless, there you were. Walking through the crowds
Moving along, carried by the clouds.
I laughed to myself later,
Wondering why you would come back.
Thinking maybe there was just that great of a hairdresser here
Or maybe one more caress of a cheek
That you had left behind.
It wasn't that long ago,
Or maybe it was
I was at that podium
Discussing what everyone knew
About you.
It wasn't that long ago
Or maybe it was
That the pain was a great part
Of this downtrodden heart.
But they were your words
That helped me to heal...
For in life, there is always opportunity
And with that
There will always be hope.
Thanks for stopping by...

No comments: