Friday, December 01, 2006

Save My Life With Lies

I heard a rumor about me and it made me wonder
If all things that come to pass
Have reason after all.
Roman said I was important to all,
Especially those whose hearts I hold.
I am the nail to the board,
The twine to the post
And it made me wonder why now?
Was it nicety, or reality
About me
That influenced his lips
Or maybe even his brain
To let loose the compliments he contained.
For it was not long in the past,
He told Bella of transgressions I had never commited.
There was a day when I was blissfully unaware of his sword unsheathed
Leveling slowly
Into the small of my back,
It took Bella's cries for me to realize
The death of our life together
Brought on by Roman's silver tongue.
But if not for his words then,
I may have never wandered to the fields alone,
Stumbling upon the one butterfly
Who dared to stay
Upon my shoulder
And save my life.

No comments: